Monday, April 18, 2011

Boudin Stuffed Chicken Breasts

One of my favorite foods is boudin. My dad has been making lots of homemade boudin and brought some over the last time he and my mom visited. I really wasn't in the mood to grill outside, which is the way we normally cook our boudin, so I had to think of another way to cook the boudin. As I researched on the internet I came across a Manda recipe for boudin stuffed chicken breasts. I adapted it slightly adding a little more seasonings and it came out delicious! Hope you enjoy.

Boudin Stuffed Chicken Breasts



Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, pounded out to get an even thickness
2 links of boudin, removed from the casing
1/2 can cream of chicken
Seasoning to taste (just salt and pepper works here)

Directions:
1. Mix the boudin and cream of chicken in a small bowl
2. Lightly season both sides of the chicken and place a couple of spoonfuls of boudin on the chicken.
3. Roll the chicken with the boudin inside and secure with toothpicks
4. Grill (I used an indoor grill pan) the chicken for about 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink. Make sure you flip the chicken over several time to ensure even cooking.

**Next time I make this I am going to wrap the stuffed chicken breasts with bacon and then cook them.

1 comment:

  1. I made this yesterday. It was awesome. I wrapped I slit them open stuffed as much boudain as possible, and secured it with pepper season bacon......Im going to try it how you did it seems a lil easier and that cheese sause looks goid gonna have to use that next tine... also been wanting to purchase a inside griller !!! We're greedy lol we had broccoli & cheese and baked loaded Potatoes to go with it.........

    ReplyDelete