Sunday, February 19, 2012

Green Chile Creamed Corn

This is one of the many recipes I got from pinterest (my new addiction by the way). DJ loves creamed corn so I made this recipe for him. Although not one of my favorites (I much prefer corn prepared with butter and a little salt and pepper), it was still pretty tasty. I think that if I make this again, however, I would probably cut back on the cream cheese a little. It was just a little too creamy for me. 

Green Chile Creamed Corn

Ingredients:
1 10 oz bag frozen corn
1 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese
1 small can chopped green chilies

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare corn according to directions on bag
3. In a separate bowl combine cream cheese and green chilies. Stir until creamy.
4. Add prepared corn to cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon into small casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment