Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Made these to go with my white beans and rice because I was out of corn bread mix. They were delicious. I will definitely be making these again.


Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
from Big Oven

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups biscuit mix
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley
dash salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine biscuit mix with cheese, milk, 2 tbsp melted butter, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Brush mixture over the tops of unbaked biscuits.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops are a light brown color.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Just found your blog via Pinterest after searching for a good Southern/Cajun recipe for Red Beans and Rice. Then I started reading and now I'm totally hooked and have added you to my Google reader so I won't miss any posts!
    I am making these tonight to go with your Red Beans and Rice :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I love to cook and am just starting out blogging. My new years resolution will be to post at least once a week. So glad you are enjoying the blog. How did the red beans come out?

    ReplyDelete