Thursday, January 12, 2012

Squash Casserole

When I heard my friend say she was making squash casserole I thought that it did not sound very appetizing. She brought me some to taste and I loved it! I thought it would be a nice dish to serve at Christmas dinner. I did a trial run for my husband and some friends and it was a hit! So glad I came across this delicious dish. Will definitely be making this for Christmas.


SQUASH CASSEROLE

Ingredients

3 cups grated squash (yellow or zucchini)
1 cup light sour cream
1 medium onion diced small
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
Seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, Tony Chacheries)
2 tbsp butter

Directions

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl
2. Pour mixture in a greased 9x9 inch casserole dish
3. Top casserole with thin slices of butter
4. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment